The Perfect Getaway
Idyllic country cottage set in Hastings Country Park Nature Reserve over looking the sea
The owners live in Hastings and have known the cottage from their many walks in the park. When first they visited, it was being used as a store for the Park Rangers. It had previously served as a scout hut, a watercress farm and a gamekeeper’s cottage and was in a very poor state of repair.
Despite its sad state and the ankle deep nettle garden the atmosphere of zen like calm so physically grabbed them that the love affair was immediate. The colours of the sea and sky, the sense of the spring water rising in the pond and the sounds of the birds sealed it. Their love of the cottage is reflected in the high standard of the refurbishment and the care and attention taken in the choice of fixtures and furnishings.
Amenities and Info
During your stay at Little Warren Cottage you will have access to the following.
Utility cupboard with washing machine, iron, ironing board, electric clothes dryer and use of tumble dryer on request.
We welcome families but it is unsuitable for small children (5 and under) because of the fish pond and rural location of the property.
There is designated parking outside the cottage and secure parking for one vehicle within.
Sea and Country Views
Far reaching views across the English Channel and surrounding landscape and farmland.
A 43 inch flat screen smart TV and Blu-ray / DVD player. Bar facilities.
Little Warren Cottage is accessed by a private country lane with designated parking outside and secure within.
Log Burning Stove
We provide a basket of wood and the essentials to get your fire started.
Little Warren Cottage is ideally situated for walkers and nature lovers.
- spring / summer weekends
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Top quality hotel-grade mattresses
- Crisp white linen
- Cosy duvets
We strive to provide every one of our guests with the best possible experience and quality of stay. For this reason we have a number of rules that our guests are asked to abide by.
• Sorry but no children under the age of 5 because of the proximity of an open pond.
• Strictly no smoking inside the buildings.
• Regret no stag or hen parties.
• No pets allowed on beds or furniture (see additional charges for pets); Any damages incurred will be the responsibility of the pet owner.
• Little Warren Cottage is located in a National Park which is shared by nature lovers and walkers; therefore no loud music allowed at any time.
• No fireworks or bonfires.
• Leave the Cottage in the same state of cleanliness and general condition as they found it.